FG carries out deeper search of Dapchi Girls in neighbouring countries



The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has disclosed that the Federal Government has extended the ongoing search for the 110 girls who were kidnapped by some gunmen suspected to the Boko Haram from the Government Girls Science and Technical College(GGSTC), Dapchi, Yobe, to the neighbouring countries.

Lai Mohammed made this known in a statement in Abuja on Friday.

The Minister, said that top military and security officials had on Thursday travelled to the North-east to add more urgency to the search.

Lai Mohammed said the officials included the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, Chief of Army Staff; Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai and the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Alhaji Lawal Daura.

The minister said they would join the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who had earlier relocated to the North-east, as well as the National Security Adviser (NSA), Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd), who has also visited the theatre.


Be the first to get News updates via WHATSAPP, Add us +2349037601079 and say Hi. Thanks
News Tips & ADVERTISEMENT, Contact: Whatsapp-09037601079, Kingsleyiwusblog@gmail.com

Kindly Click HERE or HOME to see other latest Posts

No comments